for more articles
Beauty Salon- 12
Tips They Don't Want You To Know
Professional- Breaking One In
Beauty Salon- It is so important for us to find the right beauty salon so
that we can have the right look at the right time. However,
there are certain things that beauty salon owners don't want you
According to the September 13, 2005 issue of the LA Times, soon after
Hurricane Katrina passed through the states of Louisiana,
Mississippi and Alabama, beauty salons with power and water
reopened. Women who had lost EVERYTHING flocked to those open
beauty salons. They wanted to look good even though they did not
have a place to live. They wanted and needed professional hair
This fact alone confirms your intuition about the absolute necessity of
finding the right beauty salon. This holds true for a beauty
salon Los Angeles or a beauty salon Long Beach, Mississippi.
Let me give you some general guidelines and tips to use when you are looking
for a new beauty salon. I will also include some helpful
suggestions about how to deal with your hair stylist.
1. How far is the beauty salon from your home or work? Is it convenient to
either or both?
2. Telephone the salon. Ask if their hair care stylists have experience with
your type of hair. For example, is your hair long, curly,
textured or exposed to frequent changes to hair color, heat and
3. Search the Internet for reviews of beauty salons in your work or home zip
4. It seems obvious, but it's crucial: Who do you know whose hair looks
fabulous? Ask them where (and to whom) they go.
5. When you get to the beauty salon what does the atmosphere FEEL like to
you? Is it peaceful or stressful? Which do you prefer?
6. Are you greeted right away or are you forced to wander around or “twiddle
your thumbs” until someone attends to you?
7. If you've made an appointment is it kept and on time?
8. Is the beauty salon clean and well organized? Does everything seem to be
in its place?
9. How is the staff dressed? Are they dressed appropriately to your taste?
10. What does the hair of the staff look like to you? Is the hair of the
staff professionally done or is it sloppy?
Ok, you've decided that the beauty salon environment is satisfactory, now
how do you deal with the hair stylist?
11. Collect and bring pictures that are appropriate for your type of hair.
The biggest beauty salon hair disasters occur when your hair
stylist doesn't understand what you want. Pictures help convey
12. Don't immediately go for a cut, take it slower. Book a blow-dry with
your selected stylist. Ask, if you were to cut my hair, how
would you do it? Once you've set aside the time for a real
consultation, here are some key questions to ask yourself as you
talk to your stylist:
• DO YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE with the hair care stylist? You should like his or
her sense of style. This means clothing, grooming, personality,
• IS THE STYLIST ASKING YOU questions, giving ideas and suggestions that
relate to your personality, rather than pointing to a style on
the wall or in a book?
• IS THE HAIR CARE STYLIST ADDRESSING the health of your hair, not just
proposing to cut off split ends? The two of you should be
talking about conditioners and rinses that enhance shine and
bounce, and special treatments that can prevent or repair damage
done by the environment, such as pollution, sun, chlorine,
humidity, or dry air.
• ONCE YOU'VE AGREED ON A LOOK, does the stylist preview how you'll need to
blow it dry, wash it, and maintain it? These are all things to
think about before actually getting the cut.
If you can answer most of the questions to your satisfaction, then you've
probably found a beauty salon and a hair stylist that will make
you look fabulous. If you cannot, then move on to the next
beauty salon on your list.
Take the above tips with you when you come to Next Salon in Santa Monica,
CA. We think that you'll find that you came to the right beauty
About the author:
Noori Daili specializes in making women & men look fabulous. She
owns Next Salon at 2400 Main Street in Santa Monica, CA. Call
now at 310-392-6645 and mention this article for a 10% savings
on hair care. Go to
http://www.nextsalon.comfor more info.