for more articles
10 Tips On How To
levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol (LDL) represent a menacing cause of
heart disease. By lowering the LDL level in your blood, you will
automatically lower the total level of the cholesterol in your
body (the HDL also known as the ‘good’ cholesterol and the LDL –
the ‘bad’ cholesterol) and it will prevent the occurrence of
heart disease. You can use a drug treatment to lower the
cholesterol level, but you can also use a more healthy method –
the dietary agents and food supplements that will lower your
cholesterol in a natural way. In other words, a diet low in
saturated fats and rich in fibres may help you lower cholesterol
levels downwards to a normal limit.
We will offer you some piece of advice on what exactly to eat and what not
to eat during a diet in order to lower cholesterol level. Keep
in mind that this diet it is not very difficult to respect, it
requires strength of will and determination to retain yourself
from eating the ‘bad’ foods. The tips below should be followed
for a period of one month, and then you should get your
cholesterol level checked again to see the results of the diet.
1. The first thing you have to do is to reduce the amount of red meat in
your daily alimentation. You will replace it with white meat
(poultry) and fish which have a low fat level.
2. It is absolutely necessary for you to eliminate or at least to eat less
saturated fats. This means that you should start having skimmed
milk, low cholesterol spread or light cheese, instead of your
normal foods. These light products may not be as tasty as the
fat ones, but they care save your life.
3. A healthy diet means a healthy digestion. Foods that are high in fibre
(like whole grain cereals or muesli) will eventually help you
lower cholesterol by eliminating the dietary fats.
4. Stop frying your food and start grilling them. It prevents the loss of
vitamins from the vegetables; therefore you will eat healthier.
5. Eating out can be a test for your determination to lower cholesterol. The
best method to pass this test is to eat mainly in restaurants
that are serving low cholesterol dishes. In order to avoid
ruining your diet, you should ask for the dressings and gravies
to be served separately so that you will control the quantity
you are eating. Don’t eat them in excess. Try to eat a healthy
salad instead of French fries. We know, it is not as tasty but
it will lower the ‘evil’ cholesterol.
5. Stop being a ‘couch potato’, start exercising every day. You can do
aerobics, you can walk or jog, you can even play basketball, but
it is absolutely necessary for you to do it every day.
6. Tropical oils don’t do you good. If you want to get a lower cholesterol
level you must start using vegetable oils (olive oil is the best
choice) or canola oils.
7. Always read the label on the food products you are buying to be sure of
what you are buying in terms of fats level.
8. Now let’s talk about alcohol. Drinking is not exactly your best activity
during a diet, as it can ruin your efforts, but latest research
has shown that a glass of red wine per day can lower cholesterol
in some cases.
9. A cholesterol lowering medication if it is prescribed or recommended by a
physician will have maximum effectiveness for your diet if you
will respect it entirely.
10. And we saved the best for last. Always remember that a diet for reducing
cholesterol level will definitely help you lose weight. Happy
About the author:
Lifexpand presents a wide range of premium dietary supplements to
promote better health, formulated with all-natural extracts,
mixed for optimal potency and effectiveness, using whenever
applicable, key ingredients and plants from the Rainforest.
Great Lower cholesterol info and products, visit us at